Monday, March 14, 2022

Been There, Seen That

There are no bird photos this time!  

Why is that? you might wonder, Did you not see any birds this past week?

Well, of course I did.  On my many walks with the Hounds hither and yon, I saw oodles of birds:  coots, wigeons, mallards, geese, robins, sparrows, finches, flickers, gulls, crows, starlings, juncos, blackbirds...well, I could go on (trust me, you don't want that).  The thing is, I didn't take photos of a single one.  There are a gazillion bird photos in my files.  At this point, it takes something pretty special to get me to haul out the camera, like those Sandhill Cranes from a previous post.  Even then, I have better photos of Sandhill Cranes than the ones I recently shared.  I only took out the camera in the faint hope of getting something really cool, which didn't happen.  Oh, well.  So it goes.

I'll tell you what would be a cool, special bird to see:  a King Eider.  The only eider I've ever seen is the less loftily named Common Eider, off the coast of Alaska.  While the Common Eider is certainly a fine looking bird, it's got nothing on its more regal cousin.  Check out this pic of a King Eider:


That's one nifty head.  Why do I bring this odd bird up, you ask?  Because this was the picture our art group chose to draw last Wednesday.  So you get to see a bird in this post after all, just not one I've taken a photo of myself, alas.

Here is my watercolor painting:


Our Friday session pic was this odd rock formation:


I used ink and watercolor:


That's the sum total of photos from my exciting week.  Nothing else to see here, unless you want to see adorable dachshunds yet again.

What's that?  You do want to see adorable dachshunds again?  Hah.  I knew that was the real reason people looked at this blog!

Okay, here is Truman doing his impression of a downward dog yoga pose as he slides off the back of the sofa:


And here is Pippin channeling his inner cat as he perfects an awkward pose on the armchair:


Anyway, my point is, unless I go on a trip to somewhere I've never birded before, say, Arizona, there probably won't be lots more bird pics on this blog.  Unless it's pelicans.  I will always snap photos of pelicans.

Have a lovely week out there, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment