Monday, June 28, 2021

Fun with Superglue

 It started innocently enough.  

You see, some months ago, part of a fence board along the Back 38 broke off.  It was a smallish section, maybe 3" wide by 10" long, at the top.  While it didn't need to be fixed, it did tend to bother me in an aesthetic sort of way.  

So one day I was digging around in the Art Closet when I noticed two frames.  I'd bought them very cheap at a yard sale around two years ago, thinking there would be a use for them someday.  They had no glass, just antique looking wooden frames, one painted blue and one yellow.  As I stared at them, pondering (and not for the first time) what on Earth to do with them, the image of the broken fence arose.  AHA.

The next thing you know, I was nailing one of the frames around the broken bit.  The idea was to turn the flaw into an artistic expression.  So I framed the flaw.  And then I nailed the other frame below it, and naturally it needed decoration!  


I found a lot of green buttons lying around the house, and used Super Glue to affix them.  There will be more to come, whenever I find more buttons or other similar items -- why, there's room for big mosaics on that fence!  Whee!  

In fact, I went to the antique mall in search of more buttons (they have lots) and while there, a old coat rack caught my eye.  It was painted a hideous shade of red that was flaking off, but the style was fabulous, and it was cheap, so I took it home and repainted it and yes, I nailed it to the fence and decorated it!


Here is the whole section -- those trellises are for a climbing rose which I hope to train up one and down the other.


I guess this is the sort of thing that happens when an artistic person runs low on blank wall space inside the house.

Okay, on to the adorable dachshund pics!


Here is a series I took this past Friday, when the dogs were bored and trying to entertain themselves.



It's been very hot, even for here, and we haven't been able to go out for dog walks.


The Hounds have been spending a lot more time playing with each other as a result.




They are ever so sweet and gentle with each other.


Except for a few minutes early in the mornings, it's also been too hot to super-glue things to the fence, so I've found ever more ways to keep occupied inside.  Here's one thing that kept me busy for several hours -- the Good Omens theme music (treble part only), drawn onto a wall in an appropriate spot:


Our sketch group also had its two weekly meetings, but I only liked one of the drawings I did:


The coming week is going to be even hotter, with potential record-breaking highs.  I'll be indoors with the AC on, thinking up wacky, creative stuff to do!

Stay cool out there, everyone!


2 comments:

  1. That fence project is pretty great. I really like the frames idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! When (if?) it ever cools down enough again here, I plan to go to yard sales and look at things with new eyes, as in, "Would this look good nailed or glued to my fence?" What larks!

      Delete