Monday, February 1, 2021

Dogs, Art, Rinse, Repeat

Here we are again, after another week of walking the Hounds and drawing stuff.  Yay.

Someday this may change, and I do hope it does so by this summer, so I can Go Somewhere Else.  ANYWHERE else.  On Wednesday, I am scheduled to get my first Covid vaccine injection, and if I can manage to get that second shot in a timely manner, this travel goal may actually be achieved.  Fingers duly crossed!

So, meanwhile...the Hounds and I took a walk at a natural area here in Richland called Chamna, which looks an awful lot like the Columbia Point area but without the river views.  


It's still an interesting place for a stroll, and the trails are mostly empty of other people -- always a plus these days.


We had snow the day before -- about an inch fell, but by evening most of it had melted, except for shady areas.  We did run into a few short stretches with a bit of this leftover snow, but otherwise it was plenty warm enough.


The  Hounds didn't seem to mind.


For art this week, we had two Zoom sketch practice sessions.  We chose a monochromatic Japanese bell for the first one, which I rendered using water-soluble ink brush pens (brand name:  Tombow).


For our second session, we chose a challenging landscape scene with vivid colors, which I enjoyed a lot.  I used watercolor alone for this one:

Just for fun, I decided to draw YET MORE PORTRAITS of the Good Omens characters, Crowley and Aziraphale, using colored pencils.  I chose two views from the same scene, at the end of the first episode, where the angel and demon have realized they misplaced the Antichrist.  They are sitting in Aziraphale's bookshop, where Crowley the demon bemoans his fate by asking, "Why did the powers of Hell have to drag me into this anyway?"


Aziraphale replies that perhaps it's because of all those memos Crowley sent to his employers (AKA, Hell) boasting about what a great job he'd been doing on Earth, to which the demon says, "Everyone stretches the truth in memos to head office.  You know that."

And the angel replies, "Yes, but you told them you invented the Spanish Inquisition...."  


So that was fun to draw.  

Nearly last, but hardly least, here is a pic that relates to nothing whatsoever in this post, but it's just cute.  Truman demonstrates how to wear his leash with panache:


And really last, but not least, here is another Adorable Dachshund Pic of my favorite place to read, the chaise in my "library" room:


To find out what I've read so far this year, see my previous blog post:  


That's it for now -- stay safe out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment