Monday, December 7, 2020

What Was I Thinking?

 Last week I bought my first ever iPad, with one of those nifty pens that let you draw on the screen, with the idea of trying out some digital art software such as Procreate or Adobe Fresco.  

Well, so far I haven't been successful at drawing anything on the tablet that looks like what it is.  My admiration for digital artists just increased by about a gazillion percent.  How do they make things look so good?

I'm pretty sure the answer is something like, "They spent YEARS mastering the tools and taking classes and practicing first."  Duh.  

So, I did practically nothing last week except watch Procreate tutorials, feel completely intimidated, and play online Scrabble.

If I never do anything else with it, I must say that the iPad is great for playing online Scrabble.

Thus, the only thing I have for show-and-tell today are two drawings done during the weekly Zoom practice sessions.

This lantern was done with ink and watercolor:


This Japanese lantern was done in pen and colored pencil:



That's all from the hinterlands.  Have a great week, and stay safe out there!


No comments:

Post a Comment