Monday, February 11, 2019

Snowpocalypse

Apparently I chose the wrong year to move here.  I'm told this is the worst snowfall in over a decade.  Lucky me!


Pippin loved the first snowfall we got last Monday, which was only about two inches.


He romped around in it, and dug in it, and it was hard to get him to come back inside.



 Truman, on the other paw, was Not Amused.


Pippin even tried to eat the snow. 


Truman remained unamused.


I had no trouble getting Tru to come inside.


But then the blizzard arrived at the end of the week.  I believe the snowfall was around 8 inches, but it came with a 20mph wind that blew all day long and piled the snow into two-foot drifts over pretty much everything.


This is a dog house left by the previous owner.  Needless to say, my dogs don't use it.  They get to stay inside where they belong!


They have a covered patio, which came in handy.  They couldn't do their business in the yard, due to the snow being deeper than they are tall.  Even the patio got an inch of wind-blown snow.


The eaves are a little scary right now.


I can't get out of the driveway, not that I want to, because the streets are not plowed yet.  I did manage to dig a path between my house and mom's next door.


It was a mission of mercy -- I had to take her some chocolate chip cookies.  She was all out!


This is the even scarier garage eave.  There's a satellite dish up there -- luckily it is still giving me TV signals.  Whew!


I had put on my snow boots and my waterproof pants in order to tromp through the two-foot drifts to get that photo of the eaves, and when I turned back towards the house, I saw poor Pippin trying to follow me.


He sank into the snow and I had to rescue him.  He is no longer quite so keen on the snow, and prefers staying on the sofa.

Meanwhile, I have NOTHING TO DO.  I read a lot.  I'm almost done with the lighthouse needlepoint.  I try to keep the Hounds entertained.  I stare out at the snow a lot, forcing my will upon it, telling it to MELT ALREADY. 

I did have a couple more photos from the antique mall, so I drew and painted them, but that entertained me for only about two hours total.



I suppose I could try painting snow, but somehow it does not inspire artistic feelings in me.  Mostly it inspires extreme annoyance.

Maybe I'll go knock down a few icicles to vent my irritation. 

I dearly hope that next Monday I'll have something else to post about!

No comments:

Post a Comment