Monday, March 19, 2018

Almost Spring

We had a lot of sunny Spring-like weather over the past week, and got out as often as possible.  I'll just do the roundup in chronological order this time.

First, a visit to Magnuson Park, one of many we made, since it's a very large place with lots of different stuff, and it's just a 10-minute drive away.


After a two-mile walk, Truman introduced Pippin to the concept of cooling off in the lake.


I also got a short video of the frog chorus at the wetland ponds--turn up the volume!


On another sunny day we went to Golden Gardens park on the Sound for some sandy beach fun.  First we stopped at the marsh:



Then we went to the beach, where Pippin had a fun time exploring.



Dueling profiles 


There are still Brant geese around--they are Winter visitors who will no doubt be heading north soon.




On Wednesday I went to visit a friend at the UW, and ran into the tail-end of a student rally on gun control.  I decided to try drawing people again.  Mistakes were made, but that's how it goes when they insist on moving around.


The cherry trees on campus were blooming, so the Hounds and I stopped there as well for a bit.


The next day I took Tru and Pip to the groomers for their nail trims.  There's a mosque not far from the groomers that I've been wanting to sketch for ages, and it was sunny again, so we stopped there afterwards.


The next day I took the Hounds to Meadowbrook Pond park, another favorite spot which is quite small (9 acres).  A very pleasant spot.



On Saturday we went to the Montlake Fill on yet another lovely day.



On Sunday it was a bit cooler and cloudier in the morning.  Tina and I went to the Burke Museum for some comfortable indoor drawing.


All in all, it was a full week.  I also got quite a bit of gardening in, and most of my 3,000sf garden is weeded!  Of course, two weeks from now, all of the weeds will be back, bigger and stronger than ever.  I just hope some of the flowers manage to grow as well. 

3 comments:

  1. Pippin is getting the profile pose down quite nicely! Lovely sketches. Hope your weather holds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weather is supposed to be okay today and Weds, but then the RAIN returns...bah!

      Delete
  2. I had FROST on my windshield yesterday morning dang it. Today it was over 40 degrees. Stupid weather.

    ReplyDelete