Monday, April 2, 2012

More than one way to go birding

Check out Constance Sidles' blog post about the tough little Orange-crowned Warbler, in which I make a cameo appearance.  This was Sunday morning, sunny but bitterly cold with a nasty wind, in which we wound up engaging in a lot of drive-by birding instead of our usual walk'n'talk style. Connie showed me all the arcane byways and backways in which you can drive around the Montlake Fill and its environs, stopping here and there to quickly roll down a window, take a look, and quickly roll it up again during inclement weather.  Good times!

2 comments:

  1. Brrrr! There are many times I'm glad I don't live over your way. That pretty little bird was worth it I imagine. Maybe you should drive more! Connie's a good writer. She made me shiver from the cold just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure was glad to see her car. I did drive there, of course, but had walked (briskly!) about 3/4 round the Fill, shivering all the way, when I spotted her car in the far parking lot, and flagged her down. Nice and toasty in her car! We drove all over the place stopping to eye the birds before she dropped me back at my car in the main lot.

      And yes, it is a *lovely* bird!

      Delete