Thursday, May 19, 2011

I'd Rather Be Here...


The Oregon Coast...sigh.  Friends just returned from Newport, where they reported tens of thousands of Common Murres in a breeding colony on the rocks by Yaquina Head Lighthouse.  Sigh.  They stayed at the Sylvia Beach Hotel, where each room is dedicated to an author (and suitably decorated).  They had the F.Scott Fitzgerald room.

Birds.  Books.  Beaches.  The only thing missing to make this my idea of heaven is a wiener dog or two!

Oh, and yes, that's my work -- watercolor study done in a class taught by Molly Hashimoto, whose wonderful blog is listed here -- right over there on your right.  She's a great teacher and her art is fabulous.  Go check it out!

1 comment:

  1. I love that painting! The Oregon Coast is close to my heart. My mother grew up there and in my childhood we went there all the time for our vacations. We still do that now that I'm an adult. We're going in August. I hope you get to go soon!

    ReplyDelete